Friday 16 January 2009

Halfway First Month

It's the halfway point of January, so time to reflect on the progress made. Not too bad really I've had a few of evenings when I've been able to sit down, put on a classic radio series, 1930s Flash Gordon this week, and paint to my hearts content, or at least until the rest of the household return.

I also had one night working away, which means I can pack my painting gear into the car and sit in the hotel painting. Unfortunately works away also meant I had to pass nearby, 50 mile round trip, to Essex Miniatures. As I was in the area it would have been rude to not call in and spend some Christmas money there. This means I now have another 7 foot and 3 mounted figures to paint, but 5 of my original figures are now ready for varnish and 8 more aren't far behind.

Ruarigh and I have only managed a few of games since Christmas, due to work and family commitments. We played Laserburn, were I got my backside handed to me after a good start; Wings of War: Dawn of War were I shot down both of his aircraft; two games of Urban War were we share the spoils; and Koening Kreig were we finished part way through a game with me in a strong position, but Ruarigh fighting back.

So just 15 days to go and hopefully I'm well on course to finish the original figures and hopefully the additional figures.

Cheers

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment